2022-01-21 17:00 CET
Experience the benefits of S3 principles and patterns in practice, and learn powerful new skills you can apply right away
👉 Completion of the Sociocracy 3.0 Foundations Course is necessary to participate in this Practical Course. Both courses combine to form the S3 Practitioner Level 1 program.
During this highly experiential, 24 hour learning journey, you’ll collaborate with peers to build your understanding and competence as you pull-in and apply dozens of Sociocracy 3.0 patterns to respond to a diversity of typical organizational needs.
Alongside significantly advancing your understanding of S3, you’ll also gain extensive experience using S3 patterns in a remote setting during 6 x 4 hour online sessions. The course is spread over 3 weeks, with supporting e-lessons in between.
From handling governance and operations effectively, to growing agile and responsive learning organizations, you’ll learn how to start putting S3 patterns together to harness distributed intelligence and use your limited time, energy and resources wisely, to realize your organization’s fuller potential.
This course is for:
- organizational development consultants, change agents, and anyone supporting people in organizations to improve their ways of working.
- corporate managers, and leadership teams, wishing to facilitate effective and lasting changes in their organizations.
- agile coaches, project managers and scrum masters supporting teams to perform and thrive.
- educators and teachers working to help adults or children learn how to better help themselves.
- anyone interested in unleashing co-creation and innovation, improving self-organization and collaboration, and growing organizations where both the people and the organization can thrive.
This course will help you to:
- Co-create proposals, effectively make and evolve decisions in rapid learning cycles and guide others to do so, using patterns from S3.
- More effectively distribute and organize work, foster engagement and self-responsibility, and improve meeting effectiveness.
- Evolve fit-for-purpose organizational structure, reduce waste and maximize value creation throughout the entire system.
- Identify specific patterns and practices you can use right away to respond to the organizational challenges you or your customers face.
Some preparation for the live sessions is essential so that we can spend our precious meeting time together in the way that really counts. This includes:
- Completion of a few preparatory e-lessons (reading, audio and video) before the first session (approximately 1 hour).
- Supporting e-lessons between sessions (approximately 1 hour per week).
This course runs over a three-week period. The sessions take place every Thursday and Friday from 1pm to 5pm UTC+1.
Dates: January 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21
Attendance in all sessions is a mandatory part of the course. Sessions will also be recorded and edited, and made available for you to revisit later on.
How to attend:
Your learning journey will be hosted on our dedicated, easy to use, learning platform. We use Zoom for the live calls. (Version 5.3 or higher), Slack for ongoing communication throughout the course and MIRO interactive digital board.
Using a laptop, computer or device with a large screen is important to ensure that you can actively participate without the limitations of a small device. A second monitor is advisable and reliable internet connection is vital:
Bandwidth requirements for Zoom:
800kbps/1.0 Mbps (up/down) for high-quality video.
For gallery view and/or 720p HD video: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)