2021-10-29 17:00 CEST
Navigate complexity, raise engagement, and improve agility and performance throughout the entire organization, with Sociocracy 3.0
From growing agile and responsive learning organizations, to governance and decision making, Sociocracy 3.0 brings together an extensive collection of guidelines and practices that you can benefit from, without the need for sudden radical reorganization or planning a long-term change initiative.
This rich learning journey combines:
- 38 hours of classroom time,
- e-learning with asynchronous interaction and exchange,
- practical assignments to apply what you're learning in your daily work,
- and plenty of opportunities to verify your learning along the way.
This course is for:
- organizational development consultants, change agents, and anyone supporting people in organizations to improve their ways of working.
- corporate managers, and leadership teams, wishing to facilitate effective and lasting changes in their organizations.
- agile coaches, project managers and scrum masters supporting teams to perform and thrive.
- educators and teachers working to help adults or children learn how to better help themselves.
- anyone interested in unleashing co-creation and innovation, improving self-organization and collaboration, and growing organizations where both the people and the organization can thrive.
During this learning journey you will:
- develop your general knowledge and understanding of the body of S3 concepts, principles and patterns.
- explore how to identify, communicate and effectively respond to organizational needs throughout an organizational system.
- practice using S3 patterns for making and evolving agreements, improving meeting effectiveness and enabling personal and group development.
- examine practices for effective facilitation and participation in collaborative group interactions.
- apply S3 patterns to kick-start a (simulated) grassroots organization and move rapidly from concept to action in self-organizing groups.
- examine various ways to build and evolve organizational structure to support the continuous flow of value.
- frequently reflect on your practice and learning with others and develop your reflexivity.
Developed and delivered by Lili David and James Priest, co-developers of S3, the program is broken down into two parts:
1. Foundations Course
Build a solid foundation on which to grow your practice and get the best out of Sociocracy 3.0
A 4 weeks program combining live sessions, e-lessons and practical assignments, designed to put in place key foundational pillars that will help you to get the best out of Sociocracy 3.0.
During this course you will discover how Sociocracy 3.0 patterns can help you, and the teams and organizations you’re part of, to navigate complexity, grow and maintain agility throughout the entire system and deliver maximal value.
You’ll learn useful concepts and practices that you can apply right away, to improve collaboration, and your ability to respond effectively to the various challenges and opportunities you face.
The Foundations Course will help you to:
- understand the basic elements of S3: the concepts, principles, some of it’s key patterns and their purpose.
- identify and communicate organizational needs, seize opportunities and learn how an entire organization can improve its ability to consciously and effectively respond.
- cultivate a culture where dissent and disagreement can be harnessed to identify potential pitfalls and opportunities to improve your approach.
- evolve organizational structure to reduce waste and improve value creation throughout the entire system.
- identify specific patterns and practices you can use right away to respond to organizational challenges you face.
The live sessions will take place on a Tuesday and/or Thursday, from 15:00 to 17:00 CEST.
Dates: June 29, July 8, 13, 15, 20, 22 and 29
2. Practical Course
Experience the benefits of S3 principles and patterns in practice, and learn powerful new skills you can apply right away.
During this highly experiential, 24 hour learning journey, you’ll discover the benefits of applying S3 principles and patterns in action and learn powerful new practices and skills you can start using right away, whatever your organizational context.
You’ll collaborate with peers to build your understanding and competence as you pull-in and apply dozens of Sociocracy 3.0 patterns to respond to a diversity of typical organizational needs.
Alongside significantly advancing your understanding of S3, you’ll also gain extensive experience using S3 patterns in a remote setting during 6 x 4 hour online sessions. The course is spread over 3 weeks, with supporting e-lessons in between.
From handling governance and operations effectively, to growing agile and responsive learning organizations, you’ll learn how to start putting S3 patterns together to harness distributed intelligence and use your limited time, energy and resources wisely, to realize your organization’s fuller potential.
The Practical Course will help you to:
- Co-create proposals, effectively make and evolve decisions in rapid learning cycles and guide others to do so, using patterns from S3.
- More effectively distribute and organize work, foster engagement and self-responsibility, and improve meeting effectiveness.
- Evolve fit-for-purpose organizational structure, reduce waste and maximize value creation throughout the entire system.
- Identify specific patterns and practices you can use right away to respond to the organizational challenges you or your customers face.
The sessions take place every Thursday and Friday from 13:00 to 17:00 CEST.
Dates: September 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 and October 1.