2021-09-14 17:00 CEST
Build a solid foundation on which to grow your practice and get the best out of Sociocracy 3.0
Sociocracy 3.0 brings together an extensive collection of practices, processes and guidelines that you can start using right away, whatever your organizational context.
S3’s iterative, needs-centric approach to organizational development and change enables you to move beyond the limitations of prescriptive methods and frameworks to evolve your own, tailored made, fit-for-purpose approach.
Developing organizations in this way will help you to avoid a lot of waste, but it does require some investment in learning (and unlearning) for people to do it well.
During this course you will discover how Sociocracy 3.0 patterns can help you, and the teams and organizations you’re part of, to navigate complexity, grow and maintain agility throughout the entire system and deliver maximal value.
You’ll learn useful concepts and practices that you can apply right away, to improve collaboration, and your ability to respond effectively to the various challenges and opportunities you face.
This course is the first of 2 parts that combine to form the S3 Practitioner Program Level 1. If you are interested in the whole program, please check out this page for more details and schedule.
This course is for:
- organizational development consultants, change agents, and anyone supporting people in organizations to improve their ways of working.
- corporate managers, and leadership teams, wishing to facilitate effective and lasting changes in their organizations.
- agile coaches, project managers and scrum masters supporting teams to perform and thrive.
- educators and teachers working to help adults or children learn how to better help themselves.
- anyone interested in unleashing co-creation and innovation, improving self-organization and collaboration, and growing organizations where both the people and the organization can thrive.
By the end of this course you will have put in place key foundational pillars that will help you to get the best out of Sociocracy 3.0.
This course will help you to:
- understand the basic elements of S3: the concepts, principles, some of it’s key patterns and their purpose.
- identify and communicate organizational needs, seize opportunities and learn how an entire organization can improve its ability to consciously and effectively respond.
- cultivate a culture where dissent and disagreement can be harnessed to identify potential pitfalls and opportunities to improve your approach.
- evolve organizational structure to reduce waste and improve value creation throughout the entire system.
- identify specific patterns and practices you can use right away to respond to organizational challenges you face.
The course is comprised of 5 Modules:
1. Introduction to Sociocracy 3.0
2. Drivers and Domains
3. Agile Operations and Governance
4. Building and Structuring Organizations
5. Bringing in Sociocracy 3.0
Each module consists of:
- A set of e-lessons - text, audio and video content
- Micro-challenges - brief exercises that help you to connect what you are learning with your own context and needs.
- Assignments - practical experiments you can run, to help you apply and integrate what you learn.
- Asynchronous Support - receive feedback and guidance on micro challenges and assignments as you complete them.
- Online Sessions - take part in hands-on exercises together with other participants and ask your burning questions.
Your learning journey will be hosted on our dedicated, easy to use, learning platform. You’ll be able to track your progress and interact easily with us and other participants throughout the course.
Schedule of live sessions:
This course runs over one month period, with interactive sessions spread out along the way. All sessions are for 2 hours, from 15:00 to 17:00 CEST and take place on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays, on the following dates:
August 17 - Welcome call
August 26 - Workshop
August 31 - Workshop
September 2 - Q&A session
September 7 - Workshop
September 9 - Q&A session
September 14- Workshop
All sessions are recorded and available for you to watch later on.
Besides the live calls (14 hours), completing the e-lessons, micro-challenges and the assignments requires another 8 to 12 hours of time (although you can spend more time if you wish).